Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Creative Cat 2013 Calendar Review

Hi Readers!

I know it's been a little while, but I am back and with a really awesome review. I am a huge calendar addict - I love buying multiple wall calendars, little desk calendars, and pocket calendars. I always have a calendar hanging by my computer, a book calendar on my desk, and one in my purse. So, naturally when my friend Bernadette from The Creative Cat asked me to review her calendars, I was super excited.


The two calendar styles, journal (left) & wall (right). Photo used with permission from Bernadette Kazmarski.
Bernadette has two calendars (Compositions in Black and Green & In The Kitchen With Cookie). The calendars come in two styles - wall or journal. The calendars can be purchased here on Bernadette's The Creative Cat calendar post.

I received In the Kitchen with Cookie, in the wall style. This calendar is all about Bernadette's "adventures, misadventures and creative efforts of a certain tortoiseshell kitty in my kitchen". A really neat thing about the Cookie calendar, is it includes recipes for each month of the year. The recipe I am most looking forward to trying, is January's pound cake recipe (though the New York Cheesecake from November is also calling my name).
Cookie is curled up in bowls, in many of the pictures! Photo used with permission from Bernadette Kazmarski.

My favorite picture in the calendar is September 2013, because it has a picture of Cookie curled up in a one gallon pot - "one gallon of tortoiseshell ingenuity" as Bernadette puts it!

A wonderful charm of the calendar, is the blue checkerboard print that is the background for each month. Important holidays and lunar changes are included, as well as a space for notes -- and of course, small images of Cookie, in whatever bowl she has been napping in, for the month.

The two calendar styles, journal (left) & wall (right). Photo used with permission from Bernadette Kazmarski.

The next calendar is Compositions in Black and Green 2013. This calendar features Bernadette's fantastic five black cats! They are "frolicking in their mint green and white bathroom" throughout the calendar.

My favorite picture is Jelly Bean looking in the mirror, cockeyed and saying........"God I'm Cute", in January. My second favorite is March, featuring Mr. Sunshine, Jelly Bean and Giuseppe, with the front cat head turned asking, "May I see some ID?".

May I see some ID?  Photo used with permission from Bernadette Kazmarski.

April is a beautiful shot of black cats, water droplets and pink tongues -- you have to see for yourselves, it's squee worthy!

Bernadette's work is gorgeous, as you can see from her The Creative Cat page.

So if you're looking for an excellent calendar to store your daily plans, I encourage you to check out Bernadette's calendars, you won't be disappointed!





Receiving complimentary calendars did not influence my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment