Tuesday, October 16, 2012

National Feral Cat Day October 16, 2012


Today is the second blog post of the day, and the second year I have celebrated National Feral Cat Day! I wrote a short post last year, about NFCD on October 16, 2011.

Alley Cat Allies.  is a great organization that, according to their website, is the only national advocacy organization dedicated to the protection and humane treatment of cats. 

NFCD was created ten years ago by Alley Cat Allies, to promote care for feral cats.

Vickie on 10/12/12 in my closet.

I know exactly how I will be celebrated NFCD! By cuddling with my former feral cat, Vickie. Vickie is special because she came to our rescue after having five kittens. For seven years, we had her daughter May with us (May recently went to the rainbow bridge, and we miss her very much). We adopted Vickie -- after fostering her for three months and barely being able to coax her out of the basement. She was so feral and so scared! Now she will hang out with us, sleep with us, sit on our laps, open bathroom doors and even sleep in my closet!
Vickie on 10/11/12 in my closet.

She came so far from being loved my family. And even though she needed to have her teeth removed because of her bad gum disease, she is still able to eat dry food and treats! Though her favorite treat of all is being brushed by my mom.



So you know how I am celebrating National Feral Cat Day? How are you? Leave me a comment and tell me!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful success story!! Blessings to Vickie and thank you for spreading the message about feral cats today!

    ReplyDelete