Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blog The Change: October 15 (oops 16)

This post is coming to you about fifteen minutes late - it has just been one of those days. I could make up lots of excuses (trust me, I do have some) but I'll just get on with my post, because Piper would not approve me elaborating  >^..^< silly cat!

Like in my past April and July posts for Blog the Change, animal rescue is something I hold near and dear to my heart. If I hear someone having a discussion with with a person, and they are talking about their cats having kittens, incorrect facts about cats, not having a spayed/neutered cat, declawing, etc, I feel obligated to interrupt and give them my opinion.

Getting a headbutt from a spayed kitty, looking for a home - (this is either Chrissie or Norbie)

Why? It's because I'm hardwired that way. My passion for animals goes above and beyond saving lives -- I want people to be educated about HOW the shelters are overflowing with cats because people can't seem to get the simple idea of spaying/neutering. Today's post is to share that I want people to understand why it is necessary to spay and neuter their pets.



"In addition to the many health benefits, spaying or neutering your cat ensures that he or she won’t contribute to the feline overpopulation problem. Even a cat who lives indoors may escape and produce kittens if not sterilized. Each year, millions of homeless cats are euthanized or end up in shelters due to a lack of good homes." -ASPCA

"Millions of beautiful cats and kittens are exterminated each year by animal shelters who can't find enough homes for them. The famous artist Leonardo da Vinci once said "even the smallest feline is a masterpiece." Cat owners can help make sure that each precious fur covered work of art has a happy home. The best way to accomplish this goal is through responsible spaying and neutering." -Catster


Anytime you educate someone about spaying and neutering, YOU send the message on. YOU are making a difference is saving animals. YOU are the change that is needed.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, thanks so much for this post. I have to believe that if people hear the message enough times, it will sink in. Thank you so much for the reminder. PS, I am not "Anonymous" but that's the only choice I have available. My name is Susan Mullen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - it's such an important issue, and the more education the better! I'm so glad you joined us for Blog the Change!

    A.J.
    Be the Change for Animals
    I Still Want More Puppies

    ReplyDelete